Saturday, November 16, 2013

Revisiting some old favorites!

In march this year, to celebrate my 10 years of lampworking, my studio got a real good clean-up. 
One of the most feared tasks was to reorganize my frit collection. It took me several days and I was very proud of the result, as you can see on the picture below.
The only downside to it was that I no longer dared to use some of it, because it was so beautifully arranged in all those boxes…

                      

 But a few days ago, I was sitting in my studio and I had no idea what to make.So I took a deep breath and opened one of my clear boxes… 

As you can see, I still know how to use frit. Some years ago, when still selling my beads on ebay, I made many beads in this style and in all shapes, mostly rounds, pillows and lentils. Now I tried them in my freeformed nugget style and I am quite pleased by the outcome.
If you like them too,they will soon be up on etsy, looking for new homes.



1 comment:

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

I have to tell you - the nugget shape is my most favorite and the colors in your beads are fantastic!