Friday, January 20, 2012

My monthly Make for January



One of my New Year resolutions was to venture out of my comfort zone, speaking of crafts and artistic activities.

Then a few days ago I stumbled on this site:
http://thefeltfairyuk.blogspot.com/2011/12/make-month-2012-sign-up-here.html

and decided to join the monthly make challenge for 2012.

I have a long list of things and techniques I want to try and having this kind of obligation actually got me started.
My monthly make for 2012 is the soldered pendants.
For years literally I wanted to make these soldered pendants... I gave it a try once, some 5 or 6 years ago but I could not figure out how to securely attach jump rings, so I gave up.
Three days ago, I got started again!

The easy part about it was that I had all the supplies at hand, I just had to get a new bottle of flux, as the old was all dried out...and with the help of a good friend I managed to get the jump rings attached.
I proudly present my first soldered pendants, they still need to get patinaed and prettied up a little bit, but I am already very happy with how they look now!

2 comments:

Lace hearts said...

They look brilliant. I've only just joined up, so very late to the challenge, but looking forward to it. x

Annie ~ Slim By Fifty! said...

I love them! This has taken a lot of skilled work gone into these! xx