Friday, September 2, 2011

Fresh "old-Style" beads for fall season



After several weeks without torching, I felt quite insecure going back to my studio.... it is always the same; after some time without making beads, I think I have completely lost the feeling and knowledge, but it is not true.
Usually, in fall, I am in focal bead mode and make only few sets, but this year, I decided to change.
This technique is one of my staples, they are simple, yet elegant and can be made in many color combinations. I love to use them for bracelets and simple necklaces. They also look nice when etched to a matte finish but I don't like the feel of matte beads in the jewelry I wear and I thought I might not be the only one... but in case you prefer the etched look, I can etch them for no additional charge.
These 2 sets are in my etsy now, but I gladly take commissions on this style; you choose the colors and number of beads ;-)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/80971819/handmade-lampwork-beads-by-glassbeadart

No comments: