Thursday, June 9, 2011

A little bit of experimenting

These are the beads from yesterday.
I still do not know if I like the sparkling crystals with a medium amethyst stripe...
The focal debuted as a silvered ivory stringer over Zimmerman dark rose special,but then took a life on its own...
After that, frustration took over and since I did not want to finish my beadmaking session after only 3 beads, I challenged myself to work with something unusual.
Rummaging through my somewhat large stash of enamels, frit,metals and tools, I rediscovered the 2 beadrollers, simple and ribbed.
I love the look of the ribbed beads with opaque colors and will definitely make more of these, maybe some in a mix with transparents. I tried some in only transparent glass colors, but I will have to etch them first to make the ribbed look come through.
The simple round spacers are still difficult for me to shape rigth, they tend not to be perfectly round but have a slight hand-tooled look, there again I still have to decide if i like it or not.

What do you think???

1 comment:

Copper Diem said...

love the ribbed ones, esp the bright orange!