These are the last beads made with my 100 foot spool of fine silver wire... I immediately ordered some more but I nearly fainted when I saw the price tag on it now and the one from more than a year ago!!!
When I ran out of the fine silver, I tried some beads with sterling silver(those are still in the kiln, I will show them tomorrow) and some with the new silverfilled wire...
I have made beads with sterling wire before and they turn out darker because of the fire scale but they are nice in their own way and with some patience or a bath in the pickling solution, the firescale can be eliminated.
But the silverfilled wire makes the same results as the silverplated: black muddy halos, because of the copper content... too bad.