Saturday, February 26, 2011

Third bead soup blog party ... welcome!


Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party!
What is a Bead Soup Blog Party?

Each beader was paired up with another jewelry designer and tasked with sending the following:

~ A focal
~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw)
~ Some coordinating spacers or beads

Using the focal and the clasp was mandatory, but we could use anything from our own stash to round out the rest, and choose to use the coordinating beads or not.


Now you surely want to know what I made???


Well, I have good news and bad news...


First, the bad news : my bead soup ingredients did not make it here in time, they were accidentally sent to a wrong adress and may be lost now or, I hope so, back on their way to the sender.


The good news, and it's really good news: I will be having a bead party thrown just for my bead soup on Lori's blog when my bead soup will finally arrive here *happydance*She is so generous!!!


She even sent me instructions to make a piece of jewelry "beadsoup-style last-minute"out of my own stash...and I will make it and show a picture here. But unfortunately not today, beacuse, ... well thats another bad news: we have been to Switzerland for a few days of skiing fun and on monday I fell and got a rupture of my anterior cruciate ligaments in the right knee. Now I have a huge bandage on and wait till next monday to see the doctor who will decide if I will have to have surgery or not.


But as a little reward for reading all this and to make up for the loss of bead soup pictures, I will be holding a bead giveaway: every person leaving a comment to this post will be entered into a drawing of a bead soup sized set of my handmade lampwork beads: one focal, one set of 10 decorated beads and a set of matching spacer beads.


Please be sure to check back Monday night to see if you have won ... and if my doctor says I do not need knee surgery, I might add some more extras too...




If you want to see what the others made, take a look here:

1. Lori Anderson, the hostess of this wonderful event and bead soup queen,PrettyThings
2. Kitty Durmaj, PerlesandLife
3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane
4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio
5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations
6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things
8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe
9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto
10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio

11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas
12. Rachel Walsh, Balanced Crafts
13. Marian Hertzog, M's Place
14. Mary McGraw, MK's Musings
15. Sarabeth Burke, Chronicles of Sarita
16. Deci Worland, Gem Trails
17. Erin Prais-Hintz, Treasures Found
18. Laura Zeiner, Stick Lizard Designs
19. Kristin Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
20. Cathryn Brooks-Williams, Chile Cats

21. Holly Westfall, Silver Rose Designs
22. Janna Harttgen, Palima-Lim
23. Libby Leuchtman, Libby Leu
24. Rebecca Anderson, Songbeads
25. Deb Hunter, Living On Air
26. Diana Ptaszynski, Suburban Girl Studio
27. Jennifer VanBenschoten, VanBeads
28. Margot Potter, The Impatient Crafter
29. Cyndi Lavin, Beading Arts
30. Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul

31. Stefanie Teufel, Stefanie's Sammelsurium
32. Patricia Gasparino, My Life Under the Bus
33. Tari Khars, Pearl and Pebble
34. Kristi Bowman-Gruel, Kristi Bowman Design
35. Jayne Capps, Mama's Got to Doodle
36. Becky Fairclough, Chameleons Designs
37. Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead & Metal Works
38. Lynne Bowland, Islandgirl's Insights
39. Barbara Lewis, Painting With Fire
40. Lorelei Eurto, Inside the Studio

41. Stacy Hartis, Sissy & Jack's
42. Jennifer Cameron, Glass Addictions
43. Marcie Abney, La Bella Joya
44. Johanna Rhodes, Fire Phoenix Creations
45. Nan Emmett, Spirit Rattles
46. Melissa Mesara, One Eared Pig
47. Amanda Davie, Articulations
48. Cherin Poovey, Lanyard Lady
49. Virginia Joste, ViviBijoux

50. Andrew Thornton, The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
51. Lori Dorrington, Lori's Glassworks
52. Melanie Brooks, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
53. Kate Gardenghi, Tropical Blonde
54. Serena Trent, PinkIce Jewel's Blog
55. Malin de Koning, Beading by Malin de Koning
56. Shai Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
57. Francy Inman, 8 Second Studio
58. Amy Freeland, Copper Diem
59. Lisa Liddy, Joolz By Lisa

60. Sandi Lee James, Do Be Do Bead Do
61. Mary Harding, Mary Harding Bead Blog
62. Stacey Curry, Star Hitched Wagon
63. Leslie Gidden, Mad Maggie Designs
64. Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
65. Niky Sayers, Silver Nik Nats
66. Linda Djokic, Lutka and Co.
67. Tracy Bell, Copper, Glass, and Recycled Trash
68. Laurel Steven, Rue's Daftique
69. Ingrid McCue, Wrapped In Silver

70. Birgitta Lejonklou, Create With Spirit
71. Diana Hawkey, Diana Hawkey
72. Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas
73. Jeanette Ryan, Jeanette Blix
74. Jackie Ryan, Silver Lodge Gems
75. Jean Yates, Snap Out of it Jean, There's Beading to Be Done!
76. Debbie Goering, Prairie Emporium
77. Valerie Norton, Hot Art
78. Jana Trupovniece, Stories of the Secret Garden
79. Amy Severino, Amy Beads

80. Emma Thomas, Fred Beans Nook
81. Karen Zanco, Everyday Gypsy
82. Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Beadphoria
83. Janet McDonald, Singing Woods
84. Dana James, Dana's Jewelry Designs
85. Kristina Johansson, Wild Roses and Blackberries
86. CJ Bauschka, CJ Bauschka
87. Angela Barribea, Re: Angela Rae
88. Marcy Lamberson, Studio Marcy
89. Tanya Floyd, Glass Migrations

90. Lisa Kavanaugh, Beading Bliss
91. Sue Hodgkinson, Hello Gorgeous
92. Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Bead
93. Nally Parfyonova, Nally's Creations
94. Karyn White, Releases By Rufydoof
95. Emanda Johnson, Artemisia Studio
96. Sandy Richardson, Sandy's Coloring Box
97. Cindy Dolezal, Cindy Dolezal Designs
98. Stacie Stamper, Park Avenue
99. Mallory Hoffman, For the Love of Beads

100. Linda Landig, Linda's Bead Blog and Meanderings
101. Nicole Valentine-Rimmer, N. Valentine Studio
102. Jacinta Meyers, Jamberrysong's Creations
103. Charlene Gary, Gray Girl Studios
104. Rubiee Hayes, Glitter and Keys Galore
105. Marge Beebe, Rock Creek Creations
106. Elizabeth Freeman, Turquoise Sky
107. Shelby Foxwell, Sundown Bead Designs Rhetoric
108. Lynda Moseley, Diva Designs
109. Grace Danel, Grace Beading
110. Lois Moon, Que Onda Quitman

111. Agnes Shapiro, Beader Bubbe
112. Terry Carter, Tapping Flamingo
113. Judy Glende, Judith B. Designs
114. Mary Ellen Parker, Bee Tree By Me
115. Barbara Bechtel, Second Surf
116. Charlene Sevier, The Bead Dreamer
117. Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles
118. Cory Celaya, Art With Moxie
119. Ronda Adams, The Ravished Heart
120. Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe Designs

121. Anna Lear, The Laughing Raven
122. Susie Hibdon, Vintagesusie & Wings
123. Amanda Austin, Sea Shore Glass
124. Jennifer Velasquez, Jen Judd Rocks
125. Hazel Ward, All Those Things
126. Brenda Salzano, Salzanos
127. Dee Gordon, Runako Designs by Dee
128. Anna Denisova, Anita-M
129. Margaret Saari, Mags-Jewelry

130. Genea Crivello-Knable, Genea Beads
131. Penny Neville, Copper Penny
132. Angela Blasingame, Hopemore
133. Helena Fritz, Beadwork by H's Blog
134. Stephanie LaRose, Confessions of a Bead Hoarder
135. Stephanie Haussler, PixyBug Designs
136. Diane Cook, Rosa & Josies
137. Maryse Thillens, Glass Bead Art You are here!!!
138. Jennifer Pride, Jewelry by J.P.
139. Shannon Chomanczuk, For My Sweet Daughter

140. Lisa Godfrey, Bead Happy
141. Heather Pyle, Welcome to My Muse
142. Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
143. Liz DeLuca, Creative Arty Facts
144. Sig Wynne-Evans, Beaded Bear's Nonsense
145. Loretta Carstensen, Loretta's Boutique
146. Raida Disbrow, Havana Beads
147. Amber Dawn, Inventive Soul
148. Shelly Graves, Stars Dance With Me
149. Jess Italia Lincoln, Vintaj Blog

150. JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
151. Carrie Tahquechi, Carrie T
152. Staci Smith, Staci Louise Originals
153. Katarzyna Kwiatkowska, Quiet Area
154. Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
155. Magdalena Sikora, Poranna Gazeta
156. Nicole Keller, Nicki's Reef
157. Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
158. Noemi Baena, Fire, Metal, and Color
159. Christa Murphy, Adventures of One Beady Woman

160. Barbara Blaszczyk, Labotorium Flory
161. Collette Collins, Firefly Myst
162. Carola Greiser, Polymer Clay Shed
163. Joanna Kopijczuk, Bizuteria z Filcu
164. LeAnn Weih, Summers Studio
165. Cassandra Watsham, Design by Cassandra
166. Anna Motz, Stunning
167. Shea Zukowski, Gr8findings
168. Susan Kennedy, Sue Beads
169. Lisa Boucher, Lisa's Clay Happenings

170. Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
171. Alison Crenshaw, Beads by Earth Tones
172. Dorcas Midkiff, Wondrous Strange Designs
173. Melissa Rediger, Sea of Glass
174. Marina Dobrynina, Savon Feutre
175. Julie Nordine, Julie Nordine Credit River Art Glass
176. Menka Gupta, Menka's Blog
177. Patsy Evins, Patsy Evins Studio
178. Cherrie Fick, En La Lumie're
179. Suzette Bentley, Ellie's Bijoux

180. Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
181. Lyn Foley, Lyn Foley Wearable Art
182. Tara Plote, The Newbie Beader's Blog
183. Natalie Schuetz, Natalie S Perlen
184. Kim Hutchinson, Running on Ink
185. Haley Frank, Wide Eyed Smilin
186. Grace Caputo, Suddenly Last Summer
187. Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp, Skye Jewels
188. Erin Siegel, Erin Siegel Jewelry
189. Janea McDonald, Organized Chaos

190. Kristi Evenson, Colie Bug & Co.
191. Linda Inhelder, Must Haves Jewelry
192. Hilary Frye, FryeStyle
193. Whitney Lassini, Whitney Lassini
194. Nancy Schindler, The Rabbit Muse
195. Pam Brisse, The Blue Between
196. Beth Bricker, Vintage Sweets
197. Ruthie Stickney, Rose Works Jewelry and Gifts
198. Rose Noble, Lady Noble Designs
199. Karen Williams, Baublicious

200. Claire Maunsell, The Next Bend
201. Christine Damm, Stories They Tell
202. Kerry Bogert, Kab's Creative Concepts
203. Wendy Blum, Sand & Sea Designs
204. Juli Cannon, Julsbeads
205. Jenny Robledo, La Dona Boutique
206. Krista French, French Elegant Jewelry
207. Pam Krinski, Ewa Beads
208. Melissa Meman, Melissa Meman, Art, Life, Love
209. Dana Jones, Dana's Jewelry
210. Shirley Moore, Beads and Bread



The next party's sign ups begin August 1-3, 2011. Don't miss it!


56 comments:

steufel said...

OH nein! Du Arme, aber bestimmt tauchen die Sachen noch auf. Und ich hoffe, dass mot dem Knie alles in Ordnung ist. Fingers crossed!

hello gorgeous said...

awww, that's such a shame....but it has a silver lining! ;o)

can't wait to see what you get and create out of it!

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

stacilouise said...

My first soup I sent to my partner was lost too. I even had delivery confirmation on it, and it confirmed it was delivered to the wrong house, but they still can't seem to get me that information. Good news is my second soup got there in time! Can't wait to see what you made.....Lori is so awesome! I feel very cared for by her:)
PS- your beads r great and I'd love to win some!!!

Mags said...

What a shame to not have received your soup beads! Your lampwork is GREAT!!

rockcreekcreations said...

talk about bad luck! but things will get better!

that's a good idea having a bead soup out of our own stashes!

Lara Lutrick said...

Bummer, sorry you didn't get your beads.

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh are you ok? Well duh you wouldn't have posted if you weren't but OUCH!!! I will be looking forward to your post when your soup arrives.

Jesse said...

Sorry Maryse that this happen to you. I will be praying for your knee. I hope to win your giveaway I always love your beads

Jesse said...

Sorry to hear this Maryse I have my fingers cross that I win. I will keep you in my prayers for your knee

Dana said...

#209 here...you take it easy and get better soon. I hope you don't have to have surgery. Good luck to you...

Cindy said...

I'm sorry you are having such troubles, hopefully the knee is OK. I just had foot surgery last year, not once but twice. It's no fun. So here's hoping you are given a clean bill of health and your beads arrive!!!

Beadbug said...

I sure hope you heal quickly and your soup arrives soon.

cjvierow said...

That is just so sad! No beads and now the possibility of surgery. I'll be praying for you. CJ

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh that stinks! Good luck with your Dr visit!

Deci said...

All good things are worth waiting for!

Everyday Gypsy said...

So sorry your beads did not make it there. But when they do arrive hopefully you will be able to create something wonderful with it.

Francy said...

Bless your heart! Hope the knee heals up on its own. Look forward to your party for one at Loris!!!

Pretty Things said...

OH NO! Not an accident, too! That's just too much. No. This will not do.

Birgitta Lejonklou said...

A lot of bad luck in this soup ....but You have a new chance in Loris blog so lets hope that will be a lot of fun for YOU *hug*!! get well in that knee soon!

Krys Mann said...

Hope your knee gets better soon, looking forward to seeing what you create!

Shyme said...

A lot of bad luck at once... hopefully you bead soup beads will arrive soon ... and hopfully you will not need sugery...

You make lovely beads and I will defenitely return to your blog...

Beadroe said...

How sad, I know how much I looked forward to getting my soup. I hope you do not have to have surgery, that would just add insult to the whole thing.

Nicki said...

Oh my... I hope that the next month will be happier for you... Swap with me next time - I'll send you my beads from Germany, so they do not have that far to go :) I wish you good luck for Monday you poor girl....

Regina said...

I am sorry your bead soup beads did not arrive, but you get to throw your own party and I will be there. Next, I hope your knee heals without surgery, wishing you a speedy recovery. Now I am off to check out some of your famouos hearts! Take care.

Dee said...

Can't wait!

mx mommy said...

I can't wait to see what you create! I hope you don't have to have knee surgery! NOT FUN! Take it easy! Angela in Wisconsin, USA

Jennifer Cameron said...

Wow, that much bad luck should not happen to one person! Hope you recovery quickly.

Terri said...

Please heal fast..Life happens as they say when you are making other plans..this story sure was prof of that...Looking forward to seeing what you end up making.
Wishing you nothing but he best!
Hugs
Terri G.

Ann said...

You're very generous in your pain. Good luck with the ACL injury. I play soccer and know a lot of women who've had the surgery.

Loretta said...

I'm sorry that your soup ingredients didn't make it, but what fun to have your own bead soup on Lori's blog. That should be fun.

Hope you don't need that surgery.

moonlitfantaseas said...

so sorry to hear tht your bead soup didn't make it to you in time.....also sorry to hear of your injury, hopefully you won't need surgery.....can't wait to see what you make when your soup finally arives

coolmoon said...

Too bad about your soup mix. But having your own personal day with Lori will be an extra bonus! Great lampwork beads - I'll have to check out the Etsy site!
Sheryl Stephens
Cool Moon Creations
coolmoon@tds.net

Genea said...

Oh you poor dear :( I'm so sorry to hear your bead soup got lost and that you got injured.

Sending healing thoughts your way.

Much love,

Genea

EmandaJ said...

Hello Maryse,

So sorry to hear of your palgue of bad news. I hope your doctor can get you well pronto!

But thank you for your generous heart -- I do hope I win your lovely beads!

Emanda #95
ArtymeziaATyahooDOTcom

one-eared pig said...

So sorry about your knee! (and so envious you were in Switzerland to ski :) )

Boot ~C said...

I'm sorry to hear about your run of bad soup, looking forward to seeing what you make when you can.sending good thoughts your way

I LOVE color! said...

I am so sad for you
do take care of you I will be following to see what you create later. Be Blessed

jamberry_song said...

Oh, dear!! Feel better soon. Can't wait to see your own private bead soup party. ;)

-hugs-

Pat Haight said...

So sorry you were hurt. A crappy ending to a fun holiday. Good luck with the doctor on Monday;~)

Elisabeth said...

So sorry about the ski injury - I hope the doctor gives you good news!

Sally Anderson said...

So sorry your beads got lost in the mail and even sorrier that you've been hurt! Take care of yourself and heal quickly! Thanks for having this drawing!

Cathryn said...

Good Luck with your doctor's visit! I hope you don't need surgery! I'm bookmarking your blog to come back and see what you create at your party!

Norma's Clay said...

Your beads are so beautiful. Please count me in for the giveaway.

CraftyHope said...

Oh gracious, your luck hasn't been so great lately. At least Lori is willing to feature your piece. That's a bit of luck! Here's hoping everything works out! **Sending you happy vibes**

quiltingjewel39 said...

I'm so sorry your soup got lost - that must have been frustrating. Your injury sounds very painful-hopefully, it isn't. Will look forward to seeing your soup when you get your beads.

Courtney said...

I am sorry to hear that your beads never made it. :( I hope you don't need surgery.

Penny said...

Maryse, I am so sorry for the mixup with your bead soup and I went shopping in Banff this past weekend and have a little something that I plan on sending to you. I have not received your bead soup package back so hopefully something arrives at either your house or mine. I am very sad to hear that you hurt your leg I hope that you heal quickly and will feel like yourself again.

Take care,
Penny

KayzKreationz said...

Your beads are so pretty. So sorry about your bead soup not arriving. Will be watching for your "own" bead soup party when they do. Also sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully you won't need surgery. I'd love a chance to win your beads if I'm not too late.

Janet said...

Oh No! But we will see what you do next time. Im so sorry that happened. huggs xx

Shirley said...

So sorry about your leg. But glad you will get to show your piece when you finally get your stuff. I'm still working my way thru all the blogs, sorry I'm late on posting. Wishing you the best with your knee!

Salzanos said...

Gosh, no soup and your leg problems, must be a super good day up ahead to make up for all of it. I LOVE your beads, they are fabulous!!! Going to check out your store and keep you in my "follow" group!

GlassBeadArt said...

Thanks a lot to everyone who took the time to leave a comment here and especially big thanks for all the revovery wishes.
I am looking like a Star Trek Borg creature with my knee brace ... maybe that might inspire me to make some kind of steampunk beads in the future
;-))

Rebecca said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry for you and your poor leg. Fingers crossed you get some soup soon - I'll look out for it on Lori's site!

Andrew Thornton said...

That's a shame that your "soup ingredients" got lost and you couldn't play along with everyone else. I am glad that you'll eventually get to make something and that Lori has been kind enough to spotlight your work later. How nice!

Can't wait to see what you make!

Releases by Rufydoof said...

Ohhhh no soup and a sore leg? Fingers crossed it eventually turns up ... good luck with the leg too.

Karyn
Australia

Heather said...

So sorry about your bead soup and your knee. Hope all turns out well!!