Friday, September 24, 2010

No beads were made last night...

...just when I wanted to get started, there were heavy rain showers and thunderstorms coming around and I turned off the kiln and concentrator. Coming up the stairs, I saw a lightning and heard thunder nearby...Three minutes later my husband's firefighter alarm went off!
This picture was taken from our front door. The lighning had struck into a house about 50 metres away from us into the chimney. It took more than one hour to get the fire out because as my husband told me later, they could not access the area where the fire started, it was in a small unaccessible "room" at the top of the house, near the chimney.
It was a very scaring experience...
Thank God no one was hurt.

No comments: