Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Making room for new glass



I have several shelves full of relative thick glass rods from an unknown provenience. They are mostly from the 1950's and 1960's from an old glassblowers shop. I guess most of it should be some old Kugler or Friedrich Glashütte, but I am not sure. I am not sure about the COE either...
In order to make room for new glass, I have decided to use up all those rods and make spacer beads out of them. I have about 1.5 kilos of different colors, that should keep me busy for a while.
These are the first two colors, a striped rod half clear half opaque.
Next thing on my working schedule is a pile of glass where different COE's have been mixed. It is about 6 years old. One day my husband wanted to do me a favor and secretely built me new shelves for my then thankfully still small glass collection. And he arranged the glass rods beautifully with matching colors lying together....he did not know anything about COE....and so bullseye lay together with Moretti,Reichenbach 94 with Lauscha and the few clear boro rods were in a big pile of large Lauscha clear rods. Those will also all be worked into spacers as it nearly impossible to see what they once were.

No comments: